Tuesday 5 June 2012

My obsession with Lush!

Asalam waliykum sisters,

One thing i have been trying to do in the last 6 months, is to use more natural products. The reason being is i have so many allergies to everything, and one reason is that during pregnancy; my mother obviously went about her daily life cleaning and even painting. Dr's have told me that due to breathing in such harsh chemicals and fumes it can have an affect on a developing foetus and cause so many allergies and can be the cause of some illnesses such as asthma, hay fever etc. So since i got married, Allahu Allam when i have children, we are not planning any time soon. However, it has made me really conscious about the unseen effects of these products, and Allhamdulillah i have decided to try and use less chemicals as i possibly can.
I have already started to clean the house with more natural products, why stop there? i wanted to use natural body care products too. This is where lush comes in.
My Lush craze started in February and my collection has grown substantially since.
This is a mini review of a 3 products, Inshallah i will do some others later, don't want to overwhelm people with my millions of Lush products in one go.


The first Product i bought all those months back was the Solid Shampoo bar, I went for the Ultimate shine Shampoo bar as shown above.

Due to my allergies, i have super sensitive skin even my scalp is sensitive, so much so that baby shampoo irritated my skin and made it dry and go crazy. After using Ultimate shine my hair felt light, fresh and clean. My scalp was no longer sensitive, dry and itchy. Alhamdulillah. I loved the smell too, although other people dislike it. It works for me so i stuck with it :D
It is pretty easy to handle, add a little water lather in hands and apply to hair, or you can directly rub the bar into your hair and roots; although the bar wont last long if you do this.
I got just over 2months use out of one bar. They are not that big but they last and a little goes a long way. Also, with this you only need to shampoo once to feel super clean. This is packed with natural ingrediants, check out the Lush website for details of ingrediants.



The second product i purchased was Herbalism Solid Cleanser. I was a bit sceptical to use this as i am used to a face wash that lathers and is targeted at spot treatment. After a consultation with a really friendly lush assistant i bought the cleanser. It was odd at first no lather, and having to mix in the palm of my hand with a bit of water. Smelt lovely though... once the consistency is creamy just apply all over the face (only need a grape size amount) and then massage in. Wash with luke warm water and pat dry. Made my skin really soft and felt clean and fresh and not dry at all. One reason i went for this cleanser is because they contain NO chemicals or synthetic ingredients, all Naturaaal.



Final product, is Oatifix face mask! first time i smelt this i thought it was some sort of desert!! Sweet smelling with a hint of banana. It is packed with good stuff like almond oil, ground almond, banana etc.
This is for skin which is dry, and over cleansed and brilliant for colder weather too when skin is dry and sensitive. Due to having fresh ingredients and no synthetic ones this face mask has to be kept chilled, i.e in the fridge. When you buy it in store its kept on some ice and due to this reason they do not sell it online. My oatifix lasted me 3 weeks, although it says 2 weeks. You can use it as many times a week as you like. I used this before bed after cleansing my face. was really tempted to eat it smelt so good!
Minimum time to leave on the face is 10mins, but the longer the better i think! Really nourishes your skin, putting back in all the moisture, after washing my face my skin was plump and hydrated and smelt really sweet! Suitable for all skin types and is not harsh at all. The crush almonds provides a little scrub when washing off the mask, but without drying your skin out. My skin is combination and this did not make my skin oily or greasy.
All these products are suitable for both men and women, even Zawaji loves the products too.

Overall lush is amazing, one slight negative is the pricing. Although, the price seems a little expensive the products generally last a long time if used properly, I can vouch for that.
Also a very important point for me, and inshallah for any muslim/muslimah is that i only use products that are Halal. One thing i will never use and do my upmost to avoid are products that have been tested on animals. This is not acceptable in Islam and all muslims should use halal products which are ethical and as natural as possible.

How about you guys, Anyone love Lush as much as me? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments.

Jazka Allah khier, thank you for reading. Please do like, share and follow. 

Wasalam -x- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so please feel free to comment everyone is welcome!
Please Respect the blog and all those who post and read, Any nasty, insulting, bullying and racial comments will be deleted and the person will be blocked. I do not tolerate such comments.
I welcome constructive criticism but please have Hiqma and do so privately and respectfully.
Jazaka Allah khier :)