Friday 15 November 2013

I love to Henna!!


Asalam Waliykum,

One of my Favorite hobbies is hennaing, if that is a word not to sure, any-who I will use it anyway. I do it randomly in the year, not just for the Eids, but any time I feel like it. I just wanted to share some of the henna I have done recently in the last  few months. Just like with my other hobbies I want to be able to share this with you guys, and even inspire some sisters. There are many halal hobbies us sisters can pursue, and doing henna is an old traditional hobby, with lots of benefits. One being you always get asked to do peoples henna! Below is a series of my latest creations, do read on....





I took this photos on my phone, so looks blurry blown up on my laptop. But you get the gist of it. I did this henna for Eid al fitr this year. Kept it simple with it and this is an old design of mine, very Asian inspired with lots of leaves, petals and stems. I used the henna I always use, which is from 'Henna By Afruza' she has a Facebook page and a website. I will be posting more details in a separate post. But by far the best henna I ever used.


This design is a mix of Moroccan with a tribal/Aztec sort of vibe. I mashed the two together and got this. What do you think? I think it looks alright, haven't done a design like this in years. Moroccan henna has a lot of geometric shapes, lots of dots and lines. And aztec/tribal henna has lots of zigzags/V shapes with dots in the middle, so mixed the two and came up with this.

Behind is my Henna sketch book, just for my henna doodles. I find it easier to draw out my design first and work out a good technique and then apply to the hands, but I always end up altering the design when I start to henna. I guess that is one of the things I love about doing henna, that you can change your ideas based on the mood and feel once you get started and it turns into something else, even better and individual to you and your hands.


I did this henna after the one previously, just allowed the front to dry and started on the palm. I love to draw flowers, and include them in my henna. And I altered my previous designs of flowers with leaves and stems and just made a modern take on it, flowers layered upon flowers with lots of open spaces. I love the overall look, and the stain after was even better. Again my original design was altered as I started to henna as things look different in 3D. And this turned out a lot better then expected, my first time trying out this new style.

If you guys do end up recreating any of the designs please do take a photo and send it to me, perhaps I can then upload them onto the blog and do a henna series of some sort, that sounds like a good idea. I think that be pretty fun to do. Or you can share it with me on Instagram, if you have one, my insta name is the same as my blog name if you did not know, which is Muslimahinsolace and I have a link on the panel to the right. ~>

Hope you enjoyed seeing these photos of my work, as much as I enjoyed creating them. Feel free to share and recreate and have fun!
Jazaka Allah khier for reading.

Wasalam -x- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so please feel free to comment everyone is welcome!
Please Respect the blog and all those who post and read, Any nasty, insulting, bullying and racial comments will be deleted and the person will be blocked. I do not tolerate such comments.
I welcome constructive criticism but please have Hiqma and do so privately and respectfully.
Jazaka Allah khier :)